Wednesday, November 02, 2005

October 27, 2005

I’m on my way to Tennessee. I was supposed to be moving to Vancouver, but that is on hold one more time. My life has been a life on hold for so long; since September 15 I’ve been waiting for everything I need to do. Now I’ve got my passport, I’ve driven at night through the rain at 150, picked up our final team member and at 7:30 on this Thursday morning, it’s my turn to sleep and my life is going again.

Driving is an important part of life. You are both in motion and at rest. You know where you are and where you are going, overcoming Heisenburg’s uncertainty principle. HUP is basically the most interesting thing ever if it wasn’t for a few other really interesting things.

Jason, Brian and I are talking about what we are going to spend money on this trip, and I can’t really think of anything that I want to buy, but you know what? I’m going to spend money, and I might even spend a lot.

Brian’s words were, “working is awesome.” Do you know why? Because you make a lot of money, enough that eventually “cost” starts to loose it’s meaning. For a working man it is no sacrifice to spend money. We realized that we were soon going ot be like old men, like our fathers, for whom cost and need play a calculated role in the face of disposable income and usefulness.

It is true, people to spend to satisfy desire, but I think our production outstrips our desire. Now we are creating desire to use up our boundless energies. All you need to do is give people and excuse to give you money. There are masses of wallets, expense accounts and good credit records begging you to give them something on which to spend themselves. “What can you do? Do something that I think I’ll want and then I’ll pay you!”

I am sick of trying to find new desires. Having bought all I want, and spent twice what I need on food and entertainment, I’m gonna find something else to spend my money on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home