Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tuesday, October 25

Jillian Wong and I both started thinking about rituals, and about making rituals for our own lives at the same time, in different places. I like that.

I was thinking about something in the morning that involved ordering morning activities, drinking green tea, and maybe some sun gazing, or something like it. I would also like a corresponding bed time ritual.

Jill suggested something about hool-a-hooping in Stanley Park. I like that idea especially now because I managed to get one of those giant rings going for more then two seconds on Sunday. Have you tried hool-a-hooping before? It isn’t as easy as I once thought.

This last Sunday, however, was a magical day. My sisters, brother-in-laws, and nieces and nephews all come over on Sundays so it is always a special day, but this Sunday we all learned to hool-a-hoop. Each family member attempted to waive any expectations of success, telling the rest of the family that they had tried before and never managed to do it. But each member, in succession, successfully managed to looked ridiculous as they gyrated their body, each with their own awkward looking style, and swung the hoop around their hips denying its efforts to fall to their ankles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home