Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday, October 10, 2005

I got into the car with my Dad and when he started the car music started. Normally we ride without music, having different taste in music and not enough time to talk about the multiple possible worlds there are to talk about. The thing is, that the music that started was Jack Johnson, and I didn’t know the song very well; it was Jack Johnson’s new album and I don’t own his new album.

It turns out, my Dad bought it on one of his impulse buys. He was in Costco and it Jack was available in one of their listening booths. My Dad had a listen, and he told me that he thought “This sounds like J music.” AND THEN HE BOUGHT IT! This is a very interesting event. It is an unlikely behaviour, and I need to figure out how I can encourage more of it.

Imagine, “Yeah, that new camera you wanted, I thought I’d pick it up. And I got that new lazy boy you liked, and the new Subaru WRX Empriza wagon in the driveway, I don’t know when I’ll use it, but it just looked like the kind of car you might like.”

I don’t want to go to work tomorrow, but I might only work eight more days, and that is not very many at all. Yipee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home