Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday, September 27, 2005: 7:51

I am back at the sugar bowl. Twice in two day seems like a lot, but I think I would like to come back here all the time. I am a little disappointed because the sugar bowl is one of those places that is laid out just so, so everybody likes it. It turns out I am just like everyone. They just played a song by Archade Fire which is another new band that is all the rage, and I, just like everybody else am totally wooed by them.

I am going to come here often. I like just being here and typing on my computer and spending more money then I should on the food here. I want to write more, and I like writing here so that is that.

There are more sunrises and sunsets this fall then in any I can remember. It seems that every time I step outside the sun is either rising or setting. Don’t ask me to explain it, but it seems to be as wonderful as it is impossible.

On our way home from work we passed a tall, raggedly dressed man standing outside of a storage yard for various large pieces of construction equipment. He looked like homeless people do with greasy hair and mismatched dirty clothes and a very worn face only slightly obscured by heavy scruff, but of course I don’t know if he was homeless. Anyway, what made him interesting was that he seemed fully engaged in scratching the neck of the storage yards guard dog, a rottweiler. Rottweilers are bred to be vicious, to be animals that do not like you and will attack you before you give them cause. It seems like man betrayed man’s best friend when he set out to make such an unhappy creature. And yet these to were so happy in each other’s company. I wished I was scratching the neck of nasty guard dog who was trained to kill me.

Homage to Ryan - I have never been in to reading blogs, and I am still not. Much like newspapers, magazines or anything that seems quick and easy to read, I cannot get through them even when I think I really want to read them. However, once I did read an entry by Ryan Gurnett. I was impressed by his writing. Light, entertaining, clever and even thoughtful, though he didn’t do that anoiying thoughtful thing to death.

His entry was on his finally caving in and buying carhartts, which are a sort of symbol of status or something in the framer’s world. Today, I too bought Carhartts. You can buy them with and easy conscience because they are very practical, comfortable, and most of all durable, for all the wear and tear of putting up houses, but it is strange to buy something that you are so glad to own.

I bought something new, I’m typing on my new laptop in my favourite coffee shop eating prawns and drinking a beer, correction, a strongbow cider. It is too bad I have to go to bed or else I would smoke a cigarette, drink a coffee and stay up all night in this most beautiful of fall weather and lounge languidly in my sloth and bliss. I am a glutton for pleasure. I hope that this keeps making me so greatfull for everything for everything I have and doesn’t make me too selfish, but right now I’m just going to try to enjoy it.

Peace out everybody, I hope you sleep well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing that you are spending tons of money on food Jonny. One of my greatest joys about you is the vast quantities of small item foods that you inhale in single sittings. I seem to remember seeing many sausages being devoured after seeing ones belly grabbed and the phrase "Feed me" being uttered.

I have not yet been able to find a place as cool as the sugar bowl for general hanging out but I did find some intense old Italians at the Cafe Abruzzo. Basically, Italian soccer will be shown over any English football at this place and if you disagree, prepare to be beaten. It's cool though cause there are so so so many soccer fans that come here. On Wednesday at 11 in the morning me and 50 other people sat drinking our Americano's and Expresso's while taking in Liverpool (The bomb) vs Chelsea (The New York Rangers of soccer except successful). I got to finally meet Chelsea fans and oh what a joy they are. Ever wanted to punch someone in the face? Well I felt that ever second of watching that game. There was one particular fellow who thought he was amazing because his team was amazing and decided to comment on the entire game. Things that seemed obvious to the rest of us had to be said by this dude. For instance "Oy! That went right over his head". It was riduculous. Lucky for me there were more Liverpool fans than I thought. Chelsea fans are loud and trash talk a lot because their team is most likely to come through on boast's such as "Chelsea is going to fucking batter ya!". Although not on this day as Liverpool dominated the hell out of them but just couldn't score. It was amazing to see my team hold Chelsea to only 1 shot in the entire second half. It's weird that they play so much better in Champs League than Premiership.

Oh boy. Look at me waste Jonny's comment space. I'm outtie and Jonny I like to see that you post here and it's kind of weird that you're a "Blogger", but your posts are good.

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home