Thursday, September 22, 2005

September 21

So I went over to Wednesday Night Supper at the Bennett’s today. Wednesday Night Supper at the Bennett’s is a social ritual that developed last year out of the goodness of Mrs. Bennett’s heart, combining her gifts as a host with her desire to bring people together and has been a blessing in the lives of many young students who are given a community, but more importantly, a home, to be a part of.

It was good as usual. There were typical conversations about Christian involvement in culture, with the usual cracks at the quality of Christian product with the vouching for Christians to challenge themselves to be better and to participate in the “seven pillars of civilization” pitted against the desire for Christians to have entirely different aims then the rest of culture. This led to an in depth discussion of the value of home schooling or Christian education vs. the public school system, which yielded some very interesting information which I will no disclose here so as not to deprive you of discovering it when you to get your chance to have one of these conversations. If you do not often converse with large groups of Christians, then I suggest you find some so you to can enjoy one of these conversations, which are just fine if you are in the right mood.

At evenings end I walked out to the car (my friend and boss Peter’s station wagon. His sister’s actually, but she lives far away in the mountains) and was surprised to find that it lacked 4 ½ thousand dollars of tools that had been present in it when I had last seen it. Peter and I have just started a framing company in which he provided the expertise and I provided the capital which had allowed us to buy the tools that were no longer there.

PSYCHE! It was the wrong station wagon. Everything turned out okay.

On a note that I am not really ready to talk about too openly, I’ve had some pretty intense events taking place in my life recently and I’m not really sure how I’m supposed to feel about all of them, which often makes me feel like a basket case, but I got a chance to talk to Lisa today, and it was so good for me. She made me feel normal again, and that is what I need these days: a good dose of normal. So I go to bed tonight a more content person. Goodnight all, thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

hello jonothan!

it was a happy surprise to see posts again. they are good to read. i liked the station wagon story.

i learned how to do the poker chip trick!

vancouver is waiting for you.

8:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home