Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturay, October 15, 2005

The more precisely the position is determined, the less precisely the momentum is known in this instant, and vice versa.
--Heisenberg, uncertainty paper, 1927

I really love the HUP, but I'm not sure that everyone has the same appreciation for it that I do.

So Peter and I have a business cell phone now, like real construction foremen always do. We had two for a bit thinking that we were getting a special deal, but it turns out we were just paying twice what we needed.

So the funny part was that we had two numbers, one that ended in N-A-I-L and one that ended in W-O-O-D which are obviously good numbers but one might wonder whether we were a framing business or something a little less reputable. When we went down to one number we figured NAIL might be the safer bet.

For the sake of an interactive sight,

NAIL vs. WOOD

what do you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

i like nail. it also rhymes with mail... so you're getting two tricks for the price of one, which is always more fun.

6:12 p.m.  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

i'd have to go with nail. awkward.

3:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you guys make several jokes regarding wood? I imagine a conversation like this must have for sure happened at work.

Pete - "Hey Jonny which cell do you have?"

Jonny - "I've got wood. hahaha"

Pete - "Hahahahhaa"

Jonny - "Hahaahahaha"

I put my vote in for wood because it will bring you hours of childishly entertaining jokes.

9:20 p.m.  
Blogger Jacob said...

I'll have to side with Ian, for the same reason. I'd take childish jokes over reputability any day.

11:21 p.m.  
Blogger The Begger said...

Another cool thing about N-A-I-L is that it is a lot like the Wong's Edmonton number: 2645 vs. 6245. Pretty good uh? Uh?

8:26 p.m.  
Blogger Jillian said...

whoa! i like it even more.

8:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home