Monday, November 21, 2005

A green chair.

Old news:

It is a Saturday morning, and it almost feels like a Saturday morning. It is a week since I arrived here almost exactly to the minute, and I feel fairly settled. Often a week slips by for me without me starting at all the things I need to start at, but I’ve been doing alright.

I am here to do a lot of reading and writing. I want to do at least four hours a day and while I’m not quite there (averaging about three hours) I have been making significant efforts. I have also done a lot of grocery shopping and a little bit of seeing what is around here to do. I will make a to-do-list with everything that I have yet to bother with.

It is raining outside but the kids across the street don’t seem to realize that. They are outside doing whatever ten year old boys do while I stand on our balcony under the overhang watching them.

One of them calls up to his father about something I can’t quite make out. “Fair!” or “Chair!” and then sure enough, out comes Pops onto the third floor balcony and tosses down a green chair. Apparently mission accomplished, the boys grab the chair and run off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home