Monday, December 12, 2005

Part II

That last post might have been a little... well... let's just say...
Okay, so here it is, I was pretty much pumped, because I suck at basketball, and only hit one in every fifty shots I take. And there I had it! right when it counted, when everybody was watching, drained a 30 footer from at least 15 feet from the basket.

So there I was, having just nailed that five foot shot, and feeling so good, joggin' back down the court to get on D and only slightly fazed by the previously mentioned chuckles. And one of the sideliners yells, "Hey, Jon! Missing something?"

Uh hello? I nailed that lay-up. But this is High School.

Have you guys read Daytona's post on washing pants? Well I, like Daytona (I'll take any chance I get to associate myself with that guy. Did I mention I work with him? And I'm reading the same book as him? Oh how I long for the day when he might put me as a link on his blog... sorry, back the the story) don't wash my pants very often either and so, since I try to change my underwear more frequently, there develops a lopsided ratio where the number of underwear I wear dramatically outnumbers the pants. With this many pairs of underwear floating around, it is ineivitable that eventually, one is going to get stuck in the pant leg of the pants that I am wearing. One might expect that this would be easily noticed, and the underwear would be removed from the pant leg shortly after putting the pants on, but one might be wrong.

So there it was, my dirty little gonch, lying on the shiny, well lit, hardwood floor, one hundred feet down the court from where I stood.

This is the perfect opportunity for an interactive polling session.

What should the little grade ten Begger do? Does he

(a) Sheelpishly walk the 100 foot walk of shame to actually pick up the underpants that have so recently droped from the bottom of his pant leg?
or
(b) Not touch them again, laughing off any association with the shameful knickers, and certainly not deigning to touch them again, and perhaps promptly leaving the gym
or
(c) Here you end the story. What does The Begger do in YOUR ending?

12 Comments:

Blogger The Begger said...

(c) begger should assume jester position and begin his jig over to the underpants, pick them up, put them on his head, then jig out of the gym... to forever be remembered as the court jester who lost his undies.

you have to visualize it. (jonathan is good at doing a monkey-like jig dance thing when you ask him to act like the court jester. its really funny. as it would be if he were doing it with underpants on his head.)

11:31 p.m.  
Blogger Jillian said...

begger, that's a funny ending.

11:32 p.m.  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

i think you should have proceeded to pick up your underwear and then licked them. that would have really sent them for a loop.

11:39 p.m.  
Blogger Michelle said...

c
I like c
And I'm pretty much as happy as is possible that you put my blog on your list... and second from the top no less!
I think my day will be beautiful now because of this...
Happy.
Hey, and it's sad not seeing you around anymore...

11:14 a.m.  
Blogger The Begger said...

Okay, just so everyone knows, that first comment, that comment which might be labeled "The Jester (c)" for clarity, was not actually written by the Begger, but by the Begger's tricksy roomate, may blessings love and peace be upon her...

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger Jacob said...

Be that as it may, I think C is by far the best option.

2:17 p.m.  
Blogger Muse Me said...

goodbye friend. you are a nice friend.
PS: me likes c) too - maybe you could throw in some spiffy moves like mr.pitt from that movie.

1:47 a.m.  
Blogger Aaron Wong said...

jonathan, wicked post man!!

12:16 a.m.  
Blogger jenny. said...

i still can't come up with the perfect advice for you. i'm still thinking tho, don't worry!

have a very merry christmas and it was very nice to meet you! now i don't have anyone to swear on my behalf until 2006. :(

1:50 a.m.  
Blogger The Begger said...

Can nobody think of a better ending then my tricky roomate? Well, I guess do dance pretty damn good jig.

2:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a walk over with a big smile on your face, pick them up and yell "500 dead or alive" and whip it towards the group of people laughing.

1:38 a.m.  
Blogger The Begger said...

Perhaps its not a fair contest, and Jill's ending has become one of those blessings you take for granted, but Ian Shorten, you win. Thanks for posting everyone, an important discovery coming soon...

12:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home